Dr. He is appointed as The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) Scientific Programming Committee Track Leader
Dr. He is appointed to join the inaugural Lab on a Chip commissioning panel
Dr. He will co-chair 2021 microTAS Exhibit & Sponsorship Committee
Dr. Shaobo Ruan (Postdoc) presented a poster at the UF Cancer Center Annual Symposium
Dr. He chaired a couple of keynote sessions for 2020 AAPS annual virtual meeting, also presented the research talk for the symposium: Innovations in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering. Dr. Shaobo Ruan presented a research poster.
Dr. Xiaoshu Pan joined our research team as the Postdoc Researcher. Welcome!
Graduate student Zachary Greenberg gave a presentation to the UF COP Departmental seminar, entitled”Engineering Biomaterial Systems for Precision Drug Delivery”.
Dr. He presented a research talk for the UF Wells Brain Tumor Center Seminar.
Dr. He organized the 3D printing/bioprinting workshop for MicroTAS2020
Dr. He Joined the University of Florida College of Pharmacy for taking an exciting journey! https://pc.pharmacy.ufl.edu/2020/07/01/dr-mei-he-joins-the-department-of-pharmaceutics-2/
Welcome lab members Dr. Shaobo Ruan (Postdoc), Dr. Pei Zhuang (Postdoc), graduate research assistant Zachary Greenberg, and undergraduate research assistant Natalia Fernandez (UF Biomedical Engineering) to the research team!
Our research lab is located at the UF Cancer and Genetics Research Complex with the world top-notch scientists and research environment.
- Nicole was selected to represent KU as a research showcase to present her research to state capital senators. The senator particularly stopped by her and left a note with signature🤩 Way to go!
- Dr. He is nominated as the Reviewer Board Member of Pharmaceutics (IF4.77), and Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Bioprinting (IF4.97).
- Dr. He gives a seminar at the University of Texas El Paso
- Both Bryce and Mikala’s posters received high attention during the Keystone meeting Tissue Immunity at Boulder. We enjoyed a lot of mountains, and of course, cool sciences!
- Our research group presented the KINBRE annual symposium at Wichita. Undergraduate Researcher Nocole D’Souza won the Poster Award!! Good job, Nicole!
- Undergraduate Researcher Peyton Panovich has been selected as the School of Engineering Undergraduate Research Fellow (URF). Congratulations, Peyton!!
- Dr. He was nominated as the Advisory Board Member for Royal Society of Chemistry Journal Lab on Chip.
- Congratulations on Nicole’s Undergraduate Research Award! Nicole has been in our lab for a year and lots of good things happened. Way to go, Nicole!
- Congrats to Yvette on presenting her REU research work from our lab during the AIChE meeting! Yvette wins The 3rd Place in the AIChE annual meeting Poster Competition section X at Orlando, FL!!
- Exosome-RNA featured our research work: KU researcher wins grant to investigate use of 3D-biomimetic-tissue-engineered exosomes for immunotherapy.
- Check out our research and team being featured in the KU TODAY News for receiving NIH NIGMS Maximizing Investigators Research Award: RESEARCHER TO STUDY HOW EXTRACELLULAR VESICLES COULD ENABLE INDIVIDUALIZED IMMUNOTHERAPY TO FIGHT CANCERS, OTHER DISEASES.
- Our 2019 REU summer students Yvette Von Loh from the University of South Florida and Nicole D’Souza from KU CPE were both selected for presenting their summer research work in 2019 BMES annual meeting REU poster session in Philadelphia. Our KU BioE PhD student Mikala Heon was selected for poster presentation in 2019 BMES annual meeting in Philadelphia. Kudos and good job!!
- Undergraduate student Nicole is receiving Undergraduate Travel Award from KU for presenting her REU summer research in the 2019 BMES annual meeting in Philadelphia this October!
- Undergraduate student and McNair Scholar Bryan is receiving Undergraduate Travel Award from KU for presenting his poster in 2019 SACNAS – The National Diversity in STEM Conference in Hawaii this October! Aloha!
- PhD BioE student Mikala Heon’s research has been accepted by Gordon Research Conference for poster presentation at the 2019 GRC Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering: Designing Biomaterial Complexity Across Scales of Length and Time for Clinical Impact. The conference site this year is in Castelldefels, Spain! Congratulations!
- Welcome Rebekah Elliott join our research lab on Aug 2019! Rebekah will be the Research Technician and she was graduated from Pittsburg State University with all A grade.
- Dr. He is featured as the Emerging Investigator from the Royal Society of Chemistry Lab on Chip Journal: http://blogs.rsc.org/lc/2019/07/10/emerging-investigator-series-mei-he/
- Dr. Suiching Phung represents our research group to present poster at the 2019 Gordon Research ConferencePhysics and Chemistry of Microfluidics in Hong Kong!
- Our team presented the 3rd Midwest Regional 3D printing Symposium in Kansas City. Kudos to graduate student Bryce for winning the Best Poster Award together with his collaborator Jon Whitlow from Dr. Berkland’s research group!
- Dr. He was invited by University of Florida for giving a seminar at the College of Pharmacy.
- Check out the 3rd Annual Laboratory Testing & Automation Virtual Event (MAY 30, 2019 Opens: 6:00 AM PDT). Dr. He will speak our group research: 3D microfluidic technology for empowering biomedical research
- We welcome three REU students joining us this summer for research and officially starts on May 20th! Welcome Nicole D’Souza (University of Kansas), Yvette Von Loh (University of South Florida), and Darragh Adelaide (Dublin City University in Ireland). It is going to be an exciting summer!!
- Congratulations to Undergraduate Researcher Nicole D’Souza under the mentoring of Dr. Phung for Receiving Honors Opportunity Award!
- Congratulations to PhD student Mikala Heon for winning the Poster Award during the KU Biomedical Sciences Symposium!
- Dr. He is awarded as the outstanding reviewer for the journal of Lab on Chip from the Royal Society of Chemistry!
- Congratulations to Daniel for receiving KU Undergraduate Researcher Travel Award, and Dr. He for receiving K-INBRE Bridging Fund!
- Dr. He is invited as the Young Investigator Speaker in the 2019 Physics and Chemistry of Microfluidics Gordon Research Conference, in Hong Kong, June 2019
- Dr. He is organizing the Midwest Regional 3D symposium. Come to join us on June 7th 2019 in Kansas City!
- Dr. He will give a seminar at the University of California at Davis in March 12, 2019
- Bryce and Rajarshi joined the research group as the graduate students, and Nicole joined our group as the Honors Program undergraduate researcher. Welcome!
- Dr. Suiching Phung joined the group as the Postdoc Researcher and officially starts on Feb 1st, 2019. Welcome!
- Mikala and Daniel will present a poster for this 2019 K-INBRE Symposium in the Overland Park Sheraton. Please stop by them!
- Dr. He is the invited speaker for presenting” Microfluidic Engineering of Exosomes: Editing Cellular Messages for Precision Therapeutics ” in the conference of Molecular Med Tri-Con at San Francisco, March, 2019
- The collaborative work entitled” Ultrasensitive detection of circulating exosomes with a 3D-nanopatterned microfluidic chip ” has been accepted by the journal of Nature Biomedical Engineering. Congratulations on all the co-authors for their hard work!
- Jan 9th, 2019, Dr. He was invited as the panelist for discussing technology transfer on informational webinar on I-Corps for NIH Entrepreneurship Training Program.
- Congratulations on Mikala and Daniel’s abstract being accepted for presenting to the Society For Biomaterials 2019 Annual Meeting and Exposition in Seattle! The abstract title is “3D Printable Polydimethylsiloxane for Hybridized Scaffolding in Building Biomimetic Tissue”
- Dr. He is invited by NIH NCI IMAT program PI Meeting as the Panel Speaker for discussing Technology Translation and Transfer.
- Nov 15, 2018, Dr. He presents the 2018 MicroTAS in Taiwan for Dr. Zhu and Megan’s work entitled “3D-printing enabled micro-assembling for microfluidic electrotransfection of 3D-cultured cells and tissues”
- Dr. He chaired a session (Electrokinetics for Separation and Cellular Analysis) in Atalanta for 2018 Scix AES annual meeting
- Graduate students Mikala and Megan presented their research, and Dr. He gave a plenary talk during 2018 Midwest Cell Therapy Symposium.
- Dr. Shaobo Ruan joined research group as the postdoc scholar, welcome!
- Dr. He presented in the AIP Publishing Horizons Conference on Targeted Nucleic Acid Detection and Delivery in the University of Notre Dame
- Dr. He presented in Gordon conference:Nano-Enabled Technologies to Improve Efficiency, Quality, and Health in Food and Agriculture
- Dr. Zhu presented the International Manufacturing Science & Engineering Conference MSEC2018 in Texas A & M.
- Dr. He presented the 7th National IDeA Symposium of Biomedical Research Excellence (NISBRE) in Washington DC
- Dr. Nan He joined research group as the research scientist, welcome!
- PhD student Mikala received NIH Biotech Trainee scholar award. Congratulations!
- Dr. Qingfu Zhu received K-INBRE postdoc research award. Congratulations!
- Qingfu and Mikala’s paper was accepted as the Cover Story by RSC journal Lab Chip (IF 6) entitled “Microfluidic engineering of exosomes: editing cellular messages for precision therapeutics”
- Dr. He received NIH NCI R43 research grant for collaborating with Clara Biotech Inc.
- Dr He presented in the CBMS conference: Microfluidics for Hematology in Boston.
- Dr. He received the KU New Faculty General Research fund.
- Dr. He and Dr. Zhu presented the Midwest Regional 3D Printing Symposium in Kansas City.
- Dr. He received the research project grant from the NIH COBRE Center for Molecular Analysis of Disease Pathways.
- Dr. Zhu presented The 16th Annual KINBRE Symposium
- The He lab was moved from KSU to KU RMB building (our new home)
- Dr. He received NIH COBRE pilot project research grant
- Dr. He received USDA nanotechnology research grant
- Dr. He received New Faculty Mentoring Award from KSU provost office
- Master student Kim’s paper was accepted by Biomicrofluidics (IF 2.6) as the Most Read Articles.
- Dr. He received twice of innovative research grants from KSU Johnson Cancer Research Center
- Dr. He received equipment grant from KSU Johnson Cancer Research Center
- After the completion of remodeling, Dr. He opened a research lab in KSU Manhattan campus as the independent PI.